Apple Exceeds Expectations and Reports Record Sales
Apple did suggest that they expected record quarterly sales for the iPhone, but the numbers that were released earlier today blew away all expectations. Below is a list of the sales compared to the projections.
- Revenue: $46.33 billion ($38.76 billion projected)
- iPhone Units Sold: 37.04 million (30.2 million projected)
- iPad Units Sold: 15.4 million (13 million projected)
- iPod Units Sold: 15.4 million (13.9 million projected)
- Mac Units Sold: 5.2 million (5 million projected)
- Earnings Per Share: $13.87 ($10.07 projected)
- Gross Margin: 44.7% (41.8% projected)
“We’re thrilled with our outstanding results and record-breaking sales of iPhones, iPads and Macs,” CEO Tim Cook said in a statement. “Apple’s momentum is incredibly strong, and we have some amazing new products in the pipeline.”
According to BusinessInsider, Apple now has $97 billion in cash, short term, and long term securities. Impressive, wouldn’t you say?