Apple did suggest that they expected record quarterly sales for the iPhone, but the numbers that were released earlier today blew away all expectations. Below is a list of the sales compared to the projections.
- Revenue: $46.33 billion ($38.76 billion projected)
- iPhone Units Sold: 37.04 million (30.2 million projected)
- iPad Units Sold: 15.4 million (13 million projected)
- iPod Units Sold: 15.4 million (13.9 million projected)
- Mac Units Sold: 5.2 million (5 million projected)
- Earnings Per Share: $13.87 ($10.07 projected)
- Gross Margin: 44.7% (41.8% projected)
“We’re thrilled with our outstanding results and record-breaking sales of iPhones, iPads and Macs,” CEO Tim Cook said in a statement. “Apple’s momentum is incredibly strong, and we have some amazing new products in the pipeline.”
According to BusinessInsider, Apple now has $97 billion in cash, short term, and long term securities. Impressive, wouldn’t you say?