Yesterday was the two-year anniversary for Sn0wBreeze, so iH8sn0w decided to celebrate by seeding a new version of the popular jailbreak tool. This new version, 2.9, includes an untethered jailbreak and much more.
This version of Sn0wBreeze also gives the option to hacktivate, which a lot of people have been waiting for.
Here’s a full list of the changes in Sn0wBreeze v2.9:
- Brought back old firmware support in one release!
- GUI Improvements
- You can now build IPSWs with TinyUmbrella/iFaith blobs!
- Removes OTA Updates/badge on iOS 5.x.x+ devices.
- Added an IPSW Downloader
- Built-in iREB functionality updated from newest iREB r5 module.
- Custom Packages in Expert actually works now. 😛
- All supported firmwares in this release are untethered.
- A5 devices are NOT supported at this time due to no public DFU/iBoot exploit.
Sn0wBreeze 2.9 supports every firmware from iOS 3.1.3-5.0.1, except for iOS 4.3.4, 4.3.5, and iOS 5 (which iH8sn0w says is coming soon).
You can head over to our Downloads page to download the latest version of Sn0wBreeze.