Twitter recently updated its iPhone app to version 4.1, adding new features and returning old, requested features to the new version.
The new release adds improvements such as better Direct Message handling, improved image quality, and now, Twitter has brought back swipe shortcuts and the ability to copy text in the iPhone app. Those two features were removed with the last update and many users were upset, so Twitter decided to bring them back along with other new features.
Here’s the complete list of changes in version 4.1:
– Swipe shortcut
– Copy and paste for tweets and profiles
– Press and hold actions on links in tweet details
– Font size settings
– Direct Message improvements
– Confirmation alert for Find Friends
– Improved startup time and general performance improvement
– Improved image quality in tweet detail
– Accessibility improvements
– Profile shows whether a user follows you
– Verified badges in people search results
– New language: Turkish
– Lots of other polish and bug fixes
Twitter is smart for bringing these old features back, as users would switch to alternatives such as Tweetbot to get those specific features integrated into their Twitter app. This updated version also seems to run smoother and quicker. You can download this app for free in the iTunes App Store.