The unthethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 is finally here and this guide will walk you through how to jailbreak your device using Absinthe 2.0.
- iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S
- iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3 (except for the $399 iPad 2 with the tweaked A5 chip)
- iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G
Follow the video and/or text guide below.
Step 1: Download and open Absinthe 2.0
Step 2: Connect your device to your computer via USB & Open Absinthe 2.0
Step 3: Click “Jailbreak” & this process will take your device through multiple stages necessary for jailbreaking the device. Do not touch your device or close Absinthe during this lengthy process.
Step 4: Once the restore is completed, unlock your device and look for the “Absinthe” icon on your Springboard. Tap the icon and it will launch the GreenPois0n website, and then causing your device to reboot. After the reboot is completed, the Absinthe icon will now be replaced by a brown Cydia icon.
You now have an untethered jailbreak on your 5.1.1 device!
If you have any questions or concerns, leave a comment and we will do our best to reply with help.
Update: Some are having issues with the Windows version, so here is a potential fix.
Error – “Recovery completed.If you want to retry jailbreaking, unplug your device and plug it back in” Fix:
1. Backup your device
2. Restore your device and DO NOT unlock your device after the restore
3. Set it up as a new iPhone/iPad/iPod
3. Let it finish syncing/setting up
4. Open Absinthe and jailbreak
5. Now you can also restore from backup
Update 2: Absinthe 2.0.1 was just released to fix bugs, download here.