Cydia Extender is an application for jailbroken devices that allows for the signing & re-signing of applications (including Yalu) without the need of a computer. It is essentially Cydia Impactor ported as an iOS app. Here is a video explaining exactly what Extender is.
However, Cydia Extender only works as expected with paid developer accounts ($99/year). But in this tutorial, we will show you how to get it working on a free Apple account – no developer account needed.
- Add this source in Cydia: apt.enduniverse.com/cydia/
- Install Cydia Extender Installer, mTerminal & Filza File Manager
- Get your TeamID by going into /var/containers/Bundle/Application/[the UUID with your yalu app in it]/yalu102.app in Filza
- Open embedded.mobileprovision with the built-in text editor. Your Team ID is the 10-digit string under the ApplicationIdentifierPrefix key – copy this
- Go into MTerminal and type “su” & the password (default is “alpine”)
- Type “cyextender [YOUR ID YOU JUST COPIED]”
- Press return and see all of the stuff fly by until it says Done and cleaning up
- Open the Cydia Extender app on your homescreen
- Once there it should want to install a VPN, let it
- Once back in Cydia Extender, close it down in multitasking and load it back up, then wait a little bit
- Now it wants a Profile, so it will open Safari to an IP adresss & then to the profile page in Settings. Install it and type in your passcode
- It should go back to Extender and then Safari will open – do not close out of Safari
- Go here to install Yalu
- Tap on the IPA link and it should load a new page that wants to open it with Extender. Tap on it and then it should load Extender with a apple ID and passcode, if it does not, open safari again and tap on open in Extender again
- After typing in your email and password, wait a bit on that Extender screen (do not tap on ‘Installed’)
- Now it should ask to install Yalu102. Click install and then it’s on your homescreen installing
- Next week, when the certificate expires, you’ll simply need to re-install Yalu (step 12)
There you have it – that’s how you can re-sign Yalu without a paid developer account!
Getting errors? Check the video below.
Let us know if you have any questions below!