Finally, we now have a tvOS 10 jailbreak!
As for tvOS 9.1, it is technically supported, but full support for it will be added in a future update.
In this guide, we are going to show you how to install the liberTV application to your Apple TV 4 and how to use it to jailbreak.
Let’s get started!
1. Connect your Apple TV 4 to the computer
2. Download Cydia Impactor
3. Download the liberTV ipa.
4. Drag the liberTV.ipa file onto the Impactor interface & hit Start
5. Enter your Apple ID & password
6. Once complete, disconnect the Apple TV from your computer & connect it to your TV via HDMI
7. The liberTV app should now be on your tvOS home screen. Launch the application
8. Select the options you want to use to jailbreak your Apple TV. If you aren’t an advanced user, just don’t uncheck/check anything
9. Hit the Do it! button at the bottom of the screen and wait
10. The app will now try to jailbreak your device. If it fails, just retry until it says your device is jailbroken
11. Once the app shows that the device is jailbroken, you can now SSH into your device with Dropbear to sideload applications and more!
You now have a tvOS 10 jailbreak on your Apple TV 4!
Note: nitoTV is not updated yet and can cause issues, so avoid it until an update comes.
As expected, the jailbreak is semi-tethered. This means that you’ll have to re-run the liberTV app after every reboot.
If you’d like to know more about the jailbreak, check out this thread.
Thanks to iDB for the images.