Ever wanted to play Nintendo DS games on your iOS device without jailbreaking it? Well, now you can!
There’s no point in carrying around an iPhone AND a Nintendo DS now, as you can have the best of both worlds with an NDS emulator on your iPhone. Not to mention you can get all of the games you want for free!
Here’s how to download and install NDS4iOS, a Nintendo DS emulator, on any iOS 10 – 10.3.2 device. No jailbreak is required for this to work on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch!
Let’s get started!
- iNDS (.ipa file)
- Cydia Impactor
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch running iOS 9 or higher
- An internet connection
- A computer that runs Mac, Windows or Linux
- There is also a no computer method at the end of this article
- Connect your device to the computer
- Download the NDS4iOS IPA file on your computer from the above link
- Download Cydia Impactor from the above link
- Open Cydia Impactor & sideload the IPA file onto your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch by dragging the IPA file over the Impactor interface (as shown in the video below)
- Once sideloaded, you need to trust the certificate for the 3rd party app. Go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management > Find the correct certificate > Trust
- You now need games/ROMS. To do this, go here and download whatever ROMs you want.
- Launch iTunes on your computer
- Select your device from the navigation bar at the top and switch to the “Apps” section
- Find the “File Sharing” section and select NDS4iOS
- Drag & drop the .nds files onto the box under “nds4ios Documents”
- Open the NDS app on your iPhone, go to the menu icon in the top left corner, and then to ROM List to find the ROMs you installed
No computer method
- Open Safari and navigate to http://www.ienchantify.net/packages.html
- Scroll down until you locate the iNDS app
- Tap on the Install button below the iNDS icon
- Navigate to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management > Find the correct certificate > Trust
- Use the same site above to download emulators
So there you have it, you now have an NDS emulator on iOS with any game you want – all without a jailbreak!
The video below shows how to properly use Cydia Impactor and other methods of sideloading applications.