Now that the Cydia Extender Installer package from the End Universe repo should be removed immediately, we need a replacement. And developer Matchstic has come through with a replacement on his personal repo!
Here is how to re-sign Yalu or mach_portal automatically every 7 days without a paid developer account. This works on the iPhone 7, 6S, 6, 5s and any other 64-bit jailbroken device on iOS 10 – 10.2.
Note: Julio’s Ext3nder tweak should still be safe to use. I would keep using it if it’s working for you, even though the repo is considered piracy. If you have Cydia Extender Installer from the EndUniverse repo, remove it and follow along.
- Automatic re-signing of applications.
- Installation of these applications without the need for a VPN
- Caching of your Apple ID login details, to avoid having to sign-in each time. (Note: sensitive information is stored in the Keychain)
- Basic settings to configure alerts shown by the automatic re-signing
- A Troubleshooting panel to help with any errors that may occur
How to Install Cydia Extender & Configure
- Remove any other form of Cydia Extender
- Add the repo: repo.incendo.ws
- Find Extender Installer in the repo
- Open Extender & go to the ‘More’ section on the bottom
- Sign in with Apple ID & password
- Select re-sign threshold to whatever you prefer
- After 7 days, Extender will re-sign Yalu/mach_portal automatically
From the developer:
This package has been implemented such that none of Saurik’s code is included in the package. This allows for two things:
- Whenever Saurik updates Cydia Extender, re-installing this package will automatically upgrade to that new version.
- Submission to a default repository when the beta period is over.
If anyone remembers Spire for Siri on iOS 5, this package works in a very similar manner for installing Cydia Extender.
Also, keep in mind that if you have 2-Factor Authentication enabled for your Apple ID, just generate an app-specific password for this and you’ll be good to go!
Having issues? Check here and also press the “More” tab on bottom of Extender to be brought to the troubleshooting section.
If you have any questions or issues, leave a comment below!